Cass Ziard was one of Sri Lanka's premier jazz drummers and music afficianiados. Before his demise, he amassed an astonishing collection of jazz memorabilia which would make the perfect material with which to form the basis of a jazz themed restaurant or bar.
The collection includes the following:
· Signed records by Frank Sinatra, Duke Ellington, John Coltrane, Sarah Vaughan, and many more.
· An unbroken collection of Downbeat (jazz) and Melody Maker (rock) magazines from the 1950s until the 1980's.These would make fabulous wall paper for a jazz room . Clients could read about the jazz and rock greats of the past while they were having their dinner. New papers could be plastered over the old ones at regular intervals so as to give the room a perpetually updated feel.
· Over fifty bound scrapbooks on jazz and popular music in Sri Lanka, especially during the hey day of impresario Donovan Andre, when the likes of Dave Brubeck and other musical greats toured the country.
· Signed black and white photographs of jazz musicians.
· Correspondence between jazz musicians like Dizzy Gillespie and Cass.
For more information contact:
Afdhel Aziz SL Phone: 00941-593207 UK Mobile: 0777 5565 181
19 Collingwood Place Colombo 6 Sri Lanka email: firstname.lastname@example.org